As a Charitable Trust, Crosfields is continually investing in its facilities for the benefit of all pupils and staff.
Artificial Turf Pitch
Our recently developed artificial turf pitch provides a 100m x 60m full size hockey/football playing surface that can be split into 2, 3 or 4 smaller pitches as required for hockey, netball and tennis. The floodlighting around the pitch allows the children to continue to play sports during the darker afternoons and evenings through the autumn and winter months, meaning that the school is able to offer a broad programme of after-school sports activities all year round.
The pitch is an exciting development for Crosfields and puts us at the fore in terms of the vast amount of space and first-class sporting facilities that our children can enjoy. Sport is an integral part of children’s education and this investment holds us in good stead for extending the age range of the school to 16.
State-of-the-art Swimming Pool
Our outstanding swimming pool, constructed in 2012, has a variable depth floor at one end which means that the children can swim within a depth that is suitable to their age and ability. All children have timetabled lessons and also the opportunity to join the ‘Crosfields Swimming School’ (after school swimming club). At the highest level, talented swimmers may be selected as part of the swimming squads. Our squads compete regularly against other schools as well as with the IAPS in regional and national competitions.
Children that have been at Crosfields from Reception are expected to swim 25 metres unaided by the end of Year 3; this is the expected level nationally at the end of Year 6. Our swimming pathway supports swimmers of all ability.
Investment in our future
- Theatre re-design, as well as a brand new performance space for our Seniors
- A third science lab, in 2022, to accommodate specialist science from Year 5 right through to GCSE
- Investment in wellbeing spaces
- Development of the IT infrastructure with investment to support its growth
- Care of our woodland areas to promote biodiversity and to ensure we are able to provide sustainable outdoor learning
- Investment in school transport to promote shared travel