History since 1957
Crosfields became a private preparatory day school in 1957. Formed as a non-profit making trust with its own board of governors, it was a single-sex boys’ school named after a former governor, Hugh Crosfield, who had been killed in an air raid during the Second World War.
With around 100 pupils when the school opened, class sizes were just 10 to 12 boys each. Every child was important, every child valued and every child encouraged, ‘whatever his gifts, to seek to develop his talents to the full’.
The original Crosfields ethos, to offer broad education that leads to the development of a ‘well-balanced child’ is still maintained to this day.